- Fatty acid is used to thicken and stabilize emulsions. Serves as an emulsifier when neutralized with lye or similar ingredients
- Plant derived ingredient, suitable for vegan and natural/green homemade cosmetics recipes.
- Use it for soap making, candle making or homemade body butters/lotions.
- Comes in convinient re-sealble stand up pouch. Easy to use, easy to store.
- COSMETIC GRADE. For EXTERNAL USE only
Details: Stearic acid is naturally occurring fatty acid that is a waxy solid and comes in forms of flakes or beads (form does not affect product’s quality). Stearic acid is one of the most common saturated fatty acids found in nature after palmitic acid and has an enormous variety of uses as an ingredient in cosmetics and industrial products. It is extracted from vegetable fats and some oils (mostly palm or coconut). It is also used as a lubricant (in shaving crèmes and deodorants), to change the consistency and melting temperature of a product (in candles, lotions). Stearic acid is extensively utilized in the production of candles. It is used to harden the wax and strengthen the candle. It, also, has an impact on the melting point of the wax, improving the durability and consistency of the candle. In addition, stearic acid is used in the production of soap; it hardens soaps. It gives products (shampoos/body washes, crèmes) a pearly color when used in a combination with lye (NaOH or similar products to raise pH). Improves consistency of the finished products.