Brand: First Alert
- Tests for bacteria, lead, pesticides, nitrates/nitrites, and chlorine
- Checks the hardness and pH of your water
- Kit includes everything necessary to test drinking water
- No mailing in samples or waiting for laboratory reports
- Tests to EPA standards for drinking water
Please note that this First Alert Drinking Water Test Kit is a screening test and cannot be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. First Alert expressly disclaims any liability resulting from use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance on test results.The First Alert Drinking Water Test Kit tests for elements in your drinking water system that can lead to serious health problems. It tests and provides immediate results for:
- Bacteria–Strains of E. coli can cause serious illness or death.
- Lead–Causes developmental harm, neurological damage, and kidney damage.
- Pesticides–From agricultural uses, linked to increased cancer rates.
- Nitrates/nitrites–From fertilizers and animal waste, causes developmental problems.
- Chlorine–By-products can increase cancer risk and cause bad taste and odor.
- Hardness–Causes lime scale and higher detergent use.
- pH–Can cause heavy metal (such as lead) leaching and plumbing damage.
The Water Test Kit tests to EPA standards. The kit includes all testing materials; no further lab work is required for results.–Bree Norlander
What’s in the Box
One bacteria test vial, one lead/pesticide test packet, one nitrate/nitrite test packet, one pH/hardness/chlorine test packet, and user’s manual