Brand: Small Parts
- Suitable for crafts such as jewelry and weaving or for electrical grounding wire use
- Greater than 99 percent pure copper
- Uninsulated single-strand wire
- Meets QQ-W-343 standards for uninsulated copper wire
- Meets ASTM B3 standards for annealed copper wire and complies with RoHS regulations
This bare copper wire is suitable for use in crafts or for electrical grounding wire use. This single-strand wire is annealed for improved ductility and meets QQ-W-343 standards for uninsulated copper wire. It also meets ASTM B3 standards for annealed copper wire and complies with Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) regulations. This copper wire is suitable for use in crafts such as jewelry and weaving or for uninsulated wiring applications.
Electrical wire carries an electric current or grounds an electrical device. The amount of current a wire can carry is proportional to its size (gauge), and the wire is generally sheathed with coatings and coverings to insulate and protect it from moisture, chemicals, heat, and abrasion. Copper is the primary material for electrical wire, but alloys are sometimes used to increase its strength or its resistance to chemicals and the environment. Wire can be composed of a single strand or of many smaller strands, depending on its use, and is typically annealed to improve its ductility. Electrical wire is commonly used in industrial, electronic, and automotive applications.